This is your chance to have a say on the Waikato Wellbeing Project in Thames on next Wednesday 6 November – 4PM – 6 PM at Wintec.
If you would like to attend please book here
For an overview of the project please watch this short video –
What will the Waikato Wellbeing Project do?
Develop a defined set of widely agreed, specific, measurable, appropriate, relevant, timely (SMART) wellbeing targets for the Waikato based on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)..
- aligns with government direction and the reintroduction of the four wellbeings into the mandated purpose of local government.
- leverages community support for working together toward a sustainable future where the Waikato region is resilient to changes and can take advantage of global opportunities.
Why do we need a regionally driven and focused set of agreed targets?
- Achieving community alignment in achieving complex societal goals, enabling us to work together more effectively to contribute to local, regional, national and global priorities (stronger together)
- Widely communicating how well the Waikato works together to achieve outcomes (speaking with one voice and telling the Waikato Story)
- Leveraging investment and Government funds for local priorities
The Waikato Wellbeing Project is supported by the Waikato Mayoral Forum and reports to the Waikato Plan which provides advocacy and support for the project.